Our Consumer Healthcare business develops and markets consumer preferred and expert recommended brands in the Oral health, Pain relief, Respiratory, Nutrition/gastro-intestinal and Skin health categories.
We are one of the world’s leading over-the-counter healthcare companies. We hold number one positions in Wellness across 36 markets, and are market leaders in specialist oral care.
Our world-leading Consumer Healthcare business combines science and consumer insights to create innovative everyday healthcare brands that consumers trust and experts recommend.
Does the opportunity to work in Process Engineering for leading global brands with the fastest growing Consumer Healthcare organization excite you?
As we continue to grow our R&D center, we have many exciting opportunities for Principal, Senior, and Process Engineers.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Robust, efficient, and validatable manufacturing processes for NPI and Stewardship projects.
- The Process Engineer contributes to the Development report and Technical Risk assessment and sets the Control Strategy for NPI's and relevant Stewardship projects.
- Manage and lead process development activities for assigned projects.
- Lead process engineering studies to identify new and improved processing techniques and technologies for introduction into R&D and Supply Chain.
- Write and/or review/authorize GMP-critical documentation, such as experimental reports, Batch Records, development and technology transfer reports.
- Engagement with R&D teams to understand technologies employed in Category and Regional products and associated challenges.
- Lead the scale up/down from pilot plant to commercial scale, developing technical understanding and scale-up rules that can be used by other engineers (Quality by Design).
- Develop processing equipment understanding/characterization – at different scales to assist in development of scale-up models.
- Lead the manufacture and scale up of development batches and technology transfer of new products into commercial manufacturing facilities to the required cGMP standards.
- Develop an understanding of how key product quality attributes can be influenced by processing and can therefore be controlled (Process Understanding Control and Capability)
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the art technology. Creates investigation and research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Plan and implement process development experiments at laboratory and / or pilot plant (1/10th) scale, using agreed engineering tools such as DOE and report the results
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS Degree in Chemistry, Pharmaceuticals, or related science.
- 2 years’ experience in the field of process development at the Process Engineer level.
- At least 5 years of experience at the Senior and Principal Engineer level.
- Understanding of the Consumer Health / FMCG product development process.
- Understanding of CGMP requirements.
- Visible track record of OTC / consumer product and process development.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MS Degree or PHD in related sciences
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organizations.
- Proven demonstration to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
Click here to learn more about the team you would be working with.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.