Communications and Government Affairs Manager
Open date: Jul 3, 2019
Functional area: Communications
Required degrees: Bachelors
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, the main of these are:
• Develop an effective press scanning service for CARICAM highlighting key environmental opportunities and threats.
• Ensure GSK External Communication plans are in order to enhance GSK External Positioning.
• Develop and ensure implementation of internal communications plan highlighting key regional events and ensuring that vehicles are in place to communicate regional strategies and celebrate regional result.
• Take the lead role in ensuring that there is a CARICAM regional identity and that once it is agreed, we actively communicate it in order to engage employees. Such identity must reflect the strategic role that CARICAM plays in the LATAM Business Strategy.
• Act as the key contact for GSK Corporate Communications for CARICAM.
• Be part of the CARICAM Crisis Management Team in order to support better definition of communications actions.
• Be the “Primus inter pares” among peer, in other division representing Corporate Communications locally.
• Identify key stakeholders at Government level and build maps indicating how they influence the GSK business.
• Identify key lobbying issues and use local and central GSK resources, to build lobbying strategies that will enable GSK to better manage its local environment in CARICAM.
• Build effective relations with key industry groups in CARICAM and start to exert GSK influence in the group agenda. Provide support to Clusters Heads in their building relationship with relevant groups in their countries.
• Act as the key CARICAM contact with Latam, EMAP and GA team in Washington and ensure relevant training programmes for senior CARICAM staff as required.
We are looking for professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
• Degree level qualification required
• Previous experience 3+ in a related managing position
• Fluent English, Spanish
• Good computer skills
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus:
Third language knowledge.
If you feel this is your next career move, please apply up to July 17th.
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products, including Sensodyne, CataflamPro/ Voltaren, Theraflu / Trimedal, Parodontax, Panadol, Polident and Otrivin.
In over 150 countries and 300 years of history, our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies to bring differentiated high-quality and needed healthcare products to as many people as possible, with our scientific and technical know-how and talented people.
As a GSK Employee, you will put our values and expectations at the heart of everything you do. You will have the courage to make decisions, taking the accountability for them, guided by our strategy, priorities and values of patient focus, respect for people, integrity and transparency.
Being a GSK employee allows you to challenge and to change by ensuring your development meet changing business needs. You will also enjoy to be part of a diverse team, getting inspired by our teamwork, our healthy and inclusive environment and specially by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide.
Our inclusive workplace makes our employees feel engaged by the contribution they make, by affording them equal treatment regardless of actual or perceived characteristics. As so, when you apply for a job at GSK, it is not necessary to include on your resume information such as: race, color, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, origin, photographs or any other personal characteristics.
Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.