Posted Date: Aug 11 2020
GSK is one of the world’s foremost pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, and we are proud to be part of an industry that improves the lives of others. We are embarking on a significant transformation journey that will support GSK in becoming a top-quartile data-enabled organisation.
In 2019 we entered into a joint venture with Pfizer Consumer Healthcare to create a new Consumer Healthcare company, home to some of the world’s most trusted brands including Sensodyne, Voltaren, Panadol, Advil, Theraflu, Centrum and Caltrate. This joint venture was the first step in our plan to separate and become two new publicly traded companies, each with the ability to improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Over the next two years, we’ll be rolling out a significant transformation programme – called ‘Future Ready’ – to help us create the world’s largest standalone Consumer Healthcare company and a new leading bio-pharma company with an R&D approach focused on science relating to the immune system, use of genetics and new technologies.
As part of this programme we’re excited to expand our presence in India with a new world class Global Capability Center (GCC) in Bangalore. It is our ambition to bring together the best and brightest minds, ready to join us in our work to improve the lives of patients and consumers around the globe.
- The role of the GCC Internal Communications and Engagement Lead is to support the GCC Site lead by creating and implementing a coordinated internal communication and engagement strategy with employees.
- The role is based in Bangalore, India and will require working with the Corporate communications team and the local India operating communications team for external communications and to ensure alignment with the GSK communications strategy.
- The role is proactive and requires the person to understand what motivates and engages employees so that we build an environment which is based on GSK values and expectations and retains local talent.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following.
- Responsible for GCC internal communications in relation to the programme - interim and permanent facilities, welcoming new joiners, programme updates, site movements etc.
- Take the lead role in designing and implementing a localized identity for GSK Bangalore to engage and motivate employees, for example designing events that support GSK’s employee value proposition
- Maintain strong relationships with GSK’s corporate communications team, GSK India communications team and the Future Ready communications team to deploy corporate-led communications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Be accountable for designing and managing the site town halls and other vehicles for leaders to engage with employees, communicate regional strategies and celebrate results, reflecting the strategic role that the GCC plays in the Global Business Strategy
- Be part of the GCC business continuity plan management team so that communications of these actions are well defined and deployed
- Manage internal social media activities and global hub workplace groups, maintain global hub intranet pages
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the India Communications counterparts for Pharma and Consumer Healthcare and the Future Ready Global Communications team
- Design, own and deliver the Internal Communications and engagement plans
- Support implementation of the Corporate communications plan and work in cooperation with the GCC Site lead and the location communications team to develop an external relations plan to build GSK’s external profile as a world class employer in Bangalore
We are looking for professionals with these skills to achieve our goals. If you have them, we would like to speak to you.
- Post Graduate Degree level qualification is required
- Previous experience of 10+ years in a related position
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Good computer skills
- Experience of working with social media
- Experience of working with intranet pages and other web-based channels
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include:
- Patient Focus
As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance and trust, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate the above capabilities.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
It has come to our attention that the names of GlaxoSmithKline or GSK or our group companies are being used in connection with bogus job advertisements or through unsolicited emails asking candidates to make some payments for recruitment opportunities and interview. Please be advised that such advertisements and emails are not connected with the GlaxoSmithKline group in any way.
GlaxoSmithKline does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection with recruitment with any GlaxoSmithKilne (or GSK) group company at any worldwide location. Even if they claim that the money is refundable.
If you come across unsolicited email from email addresses not ending in gsk.com or job advertisements which state that you should contact an email address that does not end in “gsk.com”, you should disregard the same and inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can confirm to you if the job is genuine.