Posted Date: Jun 12 2020
The Director, Epidemiology will support Epidemiological studies within programs led by a Clinical and Epidemiology Research & Development Project Lead - CEPL within the context of the GSK Vaccines process; the goal is to ensure the high quality and on-time delivery of epidemiology data that will allow and support world-wide registration in compliance with the clinical and epidemiology development plan, applicable good practices, and GSK Vaccines standard operating procedures (SOP).
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MD or PharmD with Master’s Degree (MS or MPH) or equivalent postgraduate qualification in Epidemiology, Public health, or Immunology & Minimum of 2 years of advanced training or experience in infectious diseases and/or vaccine-related epidemiology
- Experience in the regulatory environment and the new regulations for post authorization safety studies and impact/effectiveness studies
- Training in the principles of epidemiologic study design, conduct, and quantitative analytical methods used for epidemiological studies.
- Experience with reviewing the statistical and epidemiological literature to identify appropriate methodology to achieve research goals.
- Experience with interpreting scientific methods and information and communicate the data to both scientific and lay audiences, in written and presentation formats.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD/MA in Epidemiology, previous experience in industry
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Problem-solver; ability to see solutions to complex, unique situations where the epidemiological principles need to be applied.
- Ability to work well within a global and matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills.
- Ability to resolve problems through resourceful use of information and contacts.
- Ability to handle a high degree of change in priority projects.
- Ability to deal calmly with complex managerial and technical issues. Diplomacy and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Customer-oriented/service-oriented; mature; calm under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a matrix environment, balance priorities, and handle multiple tasks through good planning, project administration, and organization skills
- Effective ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on deadlines, with high performance standards
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively work independently and in a team, and to develop credibility with colleagues within and outside Clinical RDC.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.