Posted Date: Jun 5 2020
Are you interested in being a part of a multidisciplinary team working to discover and develop novel cancer medicines? If so, the Cancer Epigenetics Research Unit within Oncology is seeking an accomplished, highly ambitious scientist to make important contributions to drug discovery and biomarker development and the Investigator role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Cancer Epigenetics Biology Investigator, you will identify and evaluate new drug targets, be a key biology contributor to drug discovery teams, and contribute to strategic planning for the Cancer Epigenetics Research Unit. Your industry-leading research will address important drug discovery questions, directly impact GSK Oncology’s pipeline, and lead to publication in top scientific journals.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Independently designing, conducting, and analyzing cellular and molecular biology experiments.
- Working directly with internal and external scientists as part of research collaborations.
- Directing contract research studies.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Ph.D. in molecular biology, cell biology or a related field with 2-6 years postdoctoral experience or M.S. with 3+ years industry experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Scientific and technical expertise in the fields of epigenetics, quantitative cellular pharmacology, and/or cancer genetics.
- Technical expertise in cell-based assay development, RNAi, ChIP, RT-qPCR, FACS, protein expression (e.g. ELISA, western blot), and cell migration/invasion assays.
- Demonstrated ability analyzing and interpreting genetic and genomic data (e.g. gene expression, copy number, mutation, DNA methylation and/or ChIP-seq).
- Cancer drug discovery experience.
- A strong scientific background in cancer biology with multiple relevant publications.
- Attention to detail, proficient reasoning skills in experimental design, execution, data analysis, statistical methods, and interpretation.Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Ability and desire to work as part of a matrix team.
- Adept at managing multiple priorities in an efficient and organized manner.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.