Posted Date: May 20 2020
Supply Chain Data Process Manager- Full time Secondment / FTC
We have an exciting and challenging secondment position within the Planning GPO team based in the UK for a Supply Chain Data Process Manager. This role operates globally, with stakeholder interface in GSK which will span all layers of the organisation up to SVP level, with a highly complex network.
In this role you will report directly to the Supply Chain Data Process Director within the Integrated Business Planning team and will work in close collaboration with the Integrated Business Planning GPO team to support the successful implementation of the end-to-end Planning roadmap (“improvements”).
What will the role look like?
You will work under the guidance of the Supply Chain Data Process Director in helping to define and deliver the strategy and roadmap for the Supply Chain Data process to enable the business to operate effectively within the enterprise-wide global business. You will work closely with data process SMEs and the Master Data Management transformation team in agile sprints to build the standardised GSK data processes. These new processes will ensure we have right first-time data available for business use created, maintained and obsoleted in compliant and resource efficient manner. You will recommend the data rules and standards in order to enable the Supply Chain Data Process Director to “glue” the end-to end Planning process together (including, technology, data and Supply Chain Data process capability requirements). You will achieve this by understanding practical data management issues, bringing the “outside in” and working across vertical and other GSK teams eg EDMO to address the issues or recommend optimisation opportunities, all with the goal of ensuring the processes are designed to ultimately drive business benefit and to make it easier for employees utilising the end-to-end Planning process.
In collaboration with the Process Directors, you will continuously monitor the Supply Chain Data process adoption, execution and capability requirements in order to provide recommendations and solutions to the Supply Chain Data Process Director so that the process and systems are operated optimally and consistently across GSK globally in order to achieve the desired business performance outcomes.
Day to Day responsibilities will include:
The key responsibilities with respect to the Supply Chain Data process are as summarised below. Note: Bullets suffixed with ‘(*)’ indicate where the Supply Chain Data Process Manager is accountable as well as responsible.
- Lead the Supply Chain data input into agile workstreams focussed on delivering standardised data processes utilising data governance tools (e.g. Collibra) to drive improved data compliance, accuracy, availability and business process performance.
- Work in partnership with the GPO teams to ensure data standards effectively enable optimal business process operation. Define, maintain, communicate and enforce data standards, based on industry best practice and GSK requirements, to optimise business process performance and cost. Use knowledge, internal and external network and tools to assess why poor process performance is being experienced, where a change should be made, in own or other process area and manage stakeholder buy in. (*)
- Assist the Supply Chain Data Process Director in developing mechanisms to ensure operational performance of the Supply Chain Data process is optimum (e.g., helping define SLA targets for Operations and Measuring adherence vs established Rules/Standards)
- Consulting with the business to define and manage business rules, standard policies & procedures (for process, data and service), controls, key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensure the Supply Chain Data process capability requirements are defined, gaps and pain points identified and suggestions made to address areas of concern
- Ensuring the business process has been recorded and maintained accurately within the PII Inventory system (including any local variations), relevant controls are implemented, access requests / rectifications are managed and responses to complaints, incidents or breaches are provided (*)
- In so far as not covered by the Process Directors, maintain the integrity of the ERP template with respect to Supply Chain Data Process, e.g. to: -
- Partner with the Portfolio & ERP Alignment Manager & Supply Chain Data Process Director to initiate Data focused template change requests, and in conjunction with the Principal Functional Consultants, assess those changes and determine feasibility and contribute input to business benefit
- Develop and present (or support the presentation of) template change STPs to the relevant governance bodies for review and approval
- Provide input into detailed solution / system design
- Managing the impact of new initiatives on ‘live’ markets / entities (in conjunction with the ‘Business Change & Engagement Manager’)
- Ensure training material, Supply Chain Data process documentation (e.g. GSOPs) and other supporting material (e.g., end user self-help content) are developed and maintained (*)
- Running the ‘Community of Practice’ for the Supply Chain Data process – and using this community to solicit Voice of the Customer and drive adherence (*)
- Influence key stakeholders to drive business change centred on effective data management. Represent process area to other Data Offices, Data Owners and on key Governance Forums
- Verifying that business case benefits (including tracking and reporting) are realised for any Supply Chain Data process related improvements
Interested in Applying?
Please note this role will be ideally based at GSK House, Brentford, Middlesex,.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: COB – June 3rd 2020
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You will possess a Degree level (or equivalent) qualification, and in addition you will be required to demonstrate:
- Deep, specialist expertise and knowledge of the Supply Chain Data Processes (across New Product set-up, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Scheduling, Direct Procurement, & Customer Services) and interactions with other end-to-end Planning processes
- Strong experience of working on transformational global programmes, preferably with process and SAP experience
- Broad ranging business experience gained over several years at a management level and covering a number of areas/functions
- A good understanding of project management principles and tools
- Ability to lead definition of business cases for change
- Experience of Pharma, Consumer Goods / FMCG sector preferred
- Some stakeholder managements skills and experience engaging business customers
- Demonstrated delivery working in a global role where remote working and influence is required for delivery.
You should also have the following abilities:
- Strong understanding of Data Management Best Practices (both Master and Transactional Data)
- Good leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish credibility for professional input
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective in an environment with tight deadlines, finite resource and uncertainty
- Facilitation skills — both large and small group
- Strong learning agility
- Strong analytical skills with experience in use of analytical tools such as Power BI / Qlik and awareness of Azure data lakes
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. For more information on GSK please refer to our website: www.gsk.com
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.