Posted Date: Apr 21 2020
Are you interested in being a trusted consultant/advisor and insight discovery expert for the Medical Affairs Global Medical Franchise? If so, the Insights Lead - Global Medical position might be for you!
As Insights Lead - Global Medical, you will be supporting the Global Lead for Insights in designing, maintaining and evolving an effective global medical way of working for the utilization of insight from patients, healthcare providers and regulators into early and late development stage. The Insights Lead brings together a holistic summary of insights for prioritized assets across global activities and top priority LOCs/regions with a key focus on Global strategy.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support the coordination of a matrix team of Insights Leads and/or Champions aligned and co-located with priority LOCs/Regions/markets of focus. Ensure application of best practices, standards, and approaches for consistent, localized insight discovery for effective synthesis at a global level.
- Champion standard insight approaches, frameworks, and analytics methods to uncover true customer insights based on the customer insight definition (i.e. not just data points or observations) and ensure standard application within the Insight Lead team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the therapeutic area (TA) of focus and the prioritized assets within the TA including in-depth knowledge of the assets/products and strategies; Develop knowledge of the priority LOCs/Regions for local environment context when synthesizing insights at a global level.
- Understand and synthesize multiple findings from disparate sources including from real world data, reporting metrics (e.g. MSL engagement data), voice of the customer (from advisory boards, market research, social media, etc.) to present a holistic and integrated picture at a global level to identify opportunities and influence action;
- Partner with the Data Science and Analytics team to scope important global questions, develop analysis plans, and help interpret analytical findings in the context of the TA/asset of focus. Review findings with the Asset Medical Team to pressure test global level findings given localized contributions and capture global findings/potential insights for review and validation with global medical experts.
- Mature findings to insights by facilitating discussions with the global Medical matrix team to uncover globally relevant customer motivations, beliefs, and needs (including recommending additional analyses to supplement findings).
- Develop and maintain a global insights log appropriately integrating and weighting insights from priority LOCs/Regions for global insight review; Actively lead the articulation of insights within key strategic forums at a global level; Ensure that insight priorities are captured along with appropriate actions and owners for follow through.
- Ensure that the global insight log is up to date as a valuable, critical resource and “one source of truth” for global insights. Champion the use of the insights log within the TA/Global Medical Franchise/GMAL to review key findings and insights for decision making forums and emerging opportunities.
- Partner closely with the GMALs to enable and drive Global Medical decisions and strategies and for key input into pipeline/development workstreams. Build strong partnerships with Asset Commercial team for the opportunity to share insights as appropriate as well as other areas within R&D. Build strong partnerships with the other Insights Leads at Global level to share best practices and learn from challenges to further embed the end to end insights process at a Global level.
- Lead and execute certain types of analytics at a global level as needed such as market research studies, findings from voice of customer sources using analytic tools/technology to dig deeper into opportunities or specific findings, and industry trend reports (e.g. benchmarking, findings from syndicated studies to integrate, etc.)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MA/MS/PhD in Medical or applied quantitative sciences discipline
- 8-10 years’ experience (including 3+ years in healthcare) in quantitative analysis related fields applying analytics and insights for business decisions (research, analytics, forecasting, etc.)
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals/Medical Field
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Specific training and customer insight discovery certifications through customer insight programs, etc.
- Understanding of high performing Medical Affairs organizations and customer dynamics/experience in the evolving and rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- Experience in R&D, Medical Affairs, Healthcare consulting and customer facing roles
- Experience leading virtual teams
- Mastery of relevant analytical concepts and frameworks
- Ability to understand and synthesize across multiple types of datasets and findings
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
Applicants from across Asia, Europe, and the Americas will be considered for this role.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.