Posted Date: Mar 4 2020
This role will assist with the implementation of an integrated Corporate Communications strategy to ensure alignment with the company’s mission and to protect and enhance corporate reputation among internal and external stakeholders. This role is specifically accountable for developing and delivering strategic communications support for US Positive Action (PA) and Community programs for ViiV Healthcare in North America as well supporting and executing corporate reputation programs/activities.
Given the critical importance of the US marketplace (circa 75% of global revenues), the opportunity presented by 2 drug regimens, the need to support the current and future portfolio, and the need to reinforce ViiV’s corporate leadership and presence in the community, this role will primarily partner with US external affairs and US matrix teams to ensure business aligned communications support of community and corporate efforts.
Specifically, the role will address a growing need to appropriately drive awareness of our PA and Community programs as well as increase corporate recognition and awareness.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-12 years of relevant experience with corporate communications, media relations, and strategic communications.
- Internal and external communications experience, with specific experience in healthcare or another highly regulated industry.
- Understanding of key decision makers, key issues related to pharmaceuticals, as well as political and social awareness.
- Experience developing communications; adept at working across matrix organizations, particularly within global organizations.
- Good judgment with demonstrated ability to manage high stakes communications
- Familiarity with metrics-based communications planning, media strategy, and stakeholder relationship approaches
- Leadership presence and confidence providing strategic counsel to peers and senior executives
- Excellent knowledge of media drivers and practices; ability to use that information to inform judgment on communications strategies and tactics
- Appreciation for the importance of internal communications and its role in alignment and performance
- Crisis/issue management experience
- Ability to work effectively across multiple business units, and multiple divisions; ability to exert influence in matrix environment without reporting line authority
- Good project management skills and ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to build and construct relationships with matrix partners and communications counterparts
- Deep understanding of the US commercial business environment
- Flexibility to balance product and community responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience with the news media and excellent writing skills
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As ViiV focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.