Posted Date: Jan 13 2020
Head of MPU (Manufacturing Production Unit) – New HAV (Hepatite A)
As Head of MPU – New HAV (Hepatite A) you will be responsible for the management of this production Unit (140 employees) with the highest quality standards (GMP-GSK Standards and policies), highest productivity and flexibility, so as to cope with demand, cost and security, including sustainability (validation, troubleshooting, EMAP, Product Exp.), project, planning and facility and equipment aspects (maintenance).
- You manage day to day vaccines operations of the New HAV (Hepatite A) activities
- Continuously anticipate potential improvements of the current processes while assuring compliance with the Change Management procedures.
- You organise and monitor performance progress efficiency of the facility through Key Performance Indicators related to Quality, Budget, Delivery and Security.
- Make sure that the facility is properly managed in accordance with highest quality standards, including Security and (Bio) Safety aspects.
- You ensure that the facility, equipment, and staff are appropriately designed and trained to ensure production activities as well as to facilitate transfer of new processes from Industrialisation.
- You provide technical support to direct reports.
- You are responsible for the alignment to implementation of the GSKBio strategy and its development in his production unit.
- You recommend new technologies, processes to the benefit of the process activities, of the Stream and the whole organisation.
- You manage all the aspects linked to the building(s) and the equipment of the production facility: maintenance, automation, calibration, …
- You are responsible for the predictive, preventive and curative maintenance in the building
- You make sure that all equipment standard, shutdown and change over are correctly managed in the facility
- You introduce and support Maintenance Excellence concepts in the facility
- You are responsible to select, train, supervise, evaluate the direct reports and their related staff. Foster motivation and development of the whole staff through adequate communication, training and coaching.
- You make sure that the staff is correctly trained in the facility and that People Development is in the heart of the activity.
- You assure coaching of the staff depending potential and aspiration
- You are responsible to implement the Industrial Excellence process (IE) in the facility.
- You ensure compliance of the operations with cGMP and Authorities requirements.
- Make sure that the deviations, RPC and CAPA’s are properly documented and managed and lot status is agreed with QA as soon as possible for financial integration.
- You monitor quality of the production in close collaboration with QC & QA and take corrective actions when necessary.
- You are responsible for all the projects impacting the facility: local projects, QIP, ….
- You provide adequate resources. You are responsible for representation of the Facility Activities during External Audits (FDA, WHO, Nat Health Authorities).
- As SME (Belgian sites transversal role), you will be the local expert of QMS standard/process; ensure that all SOP's are aligned with QMS standards and maintain up-to-date LSOP according to new requirements (RA observation, …)
- You are responsible to prepare annual budget, forecast and manpower allocation and to lead cost control
Health, Security, Environment:
- You are responsible for the compliance with the standards and policies.
- You ensure a cultural change in terms of safety & linked behaviours in the team
- You are Responsible to represent GSK towards visitors and local authorities
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- University Degree: Scientific Master or Bio-Engineering
- At least 10 years experience in vaccine production
- Robust experience in people management
- Advanced knowledge in supply chain management, process (material resources/planning/ production activities), safety and bio-Safety
- Strong analytical skills and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Advanced knowledge in supply chain management, process (material, resources, planning, production activities), Safety and Bio-Safety
- Advanced knowledge in Biopharmaceuticals technologies or equivalent experience
- Expertise in GMP and cCMP audits (EU, WHO and USA FDA) for different processes
- Mastery in management techniques for process improvement and people motivation
- Fully knowledgeable on GMP for biological products.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
GSK Vaccines – Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.