Posted Date: Mar 19 2020
As our our Medical Communications Manager for Hematology, you'll use medical knowledge and customer insights to develop the country medical communication plan, medical communication and educational material for internal and external stakeholders. You'll also provide medical advice to internal stakeholders such as market access, commercial and clinical colleagues. Under general supervision of the Medical Affairs Lead, you'll be tasked with developing and managing the country medical communication strategy of the assigned product/indications. We'll rely on you to drive the strategic and tactical execution of the corresponding medical communication plan. You'll work in close collaboration with the Medical Affairs Lead, marketing and access counterparts as well as regulatory and other local / regional stakeholders for the aligned products/ indications.
• Development of Medical Communication Plan respecting the global strategy but outlining the specifics for the country e.g. different standard of care, reimbursement timeline
• Planning and implementation of local Medical Affairs activities within the agreed timelines and budgets applying the knowledge of GSK and competitor products and therapeutic options and understanding the disease environment
• Active knowledge acquisition in the therapeutic area. Ability to interpret the results of studies in line with Evidence Based Medicine principles
• Establishing, maintaining and comprehensive management of medical / scientific relations with external experts, healthcare institutions, scientific societies, patient organizations, government officials and senior regulatory authorities
• Contributes to Advisory boards/Scientific Engagement Workshops, to GSK sponsored meetings, preparing and delivering scientific presentations in the field of therapeutic area and GSK products for external audiences
• Active acquisition of knowledge from the external environment on current standards and guidelines as well as GSK products and anticipated changes in this field
• Publications development
• Collaboration with the Marketing Department in the development of promotional and educational materials in line with the Pharmaceutical Law, GSK Code of Practice and given guidelines in collaboration with the Medical Advisor
• Provides medical and scientific training to internal customers
Basic Qualifications - We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
• Advanced Scientific degree (molecular biology or medical doctor) with relevant working experience in pharma - ideally in oncology hematology
• Successful experience working in a matrix team environment
• Understanding of marketing principles and strategies
• Demonstrated customer focus, integrity and relationship building skills, consensus building skills
• Outstanding communication skills, flexible thinking and consideration of other opinions / perspectives, utilizing the strengths and diversity of other team members to improve own performance
• Confident, positive attitude, enthusiastic and charismatic
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, simultaneously handling multiple tasks and working under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills related to management of scientific leaders and authorities, high ability to build and maintain professional relationships
• Strong leadership behaviors within delivering value for customers by understanding and meeting their needs; act transparently and with courage; make rapid, disciplined decisions
• Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Resilience and change agility
• Experience in medical communication
• Excellency in written and spoken English
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
Closing Date: 15th April 2020
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to clearly describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter will be used to assess your application. Please take the opportunity to download a copy of the job description when applying.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.