Posted Date: Nov 1 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your instrumentation and metrology skills in collaborative team environment? If so, this is the role for you.
As Calibration and Instrumentation Staff you will be responsible for supporting the team to ensure manufacturing systems are current on calibration requirements. You will also assist the team with the calibration process system, laboratory equipment, and facilities related utilities.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Support the calibration program to ensure operational requirements are met.
- Provide technical instrumentation support for manufacturing, lab, validation, and support personnel.
- Schedule and coordinate calibration activities with manufacturing, lab, and support personnel.
- Assist in scheduling and coordination of outside services for support of the calibration program.
- Receive and complete training for calibration procedures, documentation, and cGMP operation.
- Review and recommend revisions to calibration documentation and SOP’s and assist in implementation.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of the calibration database and associated files.
- Schedule and coordinate outside services for support of the calibration program.
- Support of operator and instrumentation user training.
- Support manufacturing efforts.
- Troubleshoot and repair instrumentation as required.
- Support Validation activities.
- Provide compliant and validated technical solutions.
- Build a schedule for the time of Instrumentation evaluation on a project.
- Provide accurate solutions to avoid having overdue calibrations.
- Contribute to the successful achievement of the safety, quality and production goals, and metrics through excellent technical support and problem solving.
- Consistently develop your skills to become a subject matter expert on instrumentation and Metrology.
- Contribute to the deployment and integration of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Manage monthly requests and project work.
- After hours or weekend support may be required occasionally.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with instrumentation calibration
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Some college, trade school or military experience in the cailbration field
- 1 year of cGMP experience
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of upgrading and installing controlled manufacturing equipment.
- Maintain validated calibration database
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.