Posted Date: Oct 31 2019
Are you interested in contributing your reagent generation and characterization expertise towards our dynamic efforts across Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers in the US and UK? Do you have experience in protein conjugation, purification and characterization? If so, this Reagent Scientist role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Reagent Scientist, you will have experience with agents (e.g. antigen, peptides, drug, anti-idiotypic polyclonal antibodies and antibody fragments) with and without conjugations (e.g. biotin, ruthenium and fluorescent labels). You will also participate in characterization studies of purified critical reagents and generation of Certificates of Analyses for large batch lots.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Development and quality of critical reagents, including characterizing external antibody’s, building isotype-specific antibody reagents, purifying proteins, conducting protein conjugations (e.g. biotin, ruthenium and fluorescent labels), assessing their purity and affinity, and generating certificates of analysis (CofA)
- Monitor reagents life cycle and characterization to assist with reagent trouble shooting effort
- Strong technical writing experience (SOPs, Protocols and Reports) to support all projects
- Reduce the risk of assay failures by producing well characterized reagents
- As part of reagent preparation, perform analytical testing as needed
- Contribute to the group’s growth, by evaluating new platform/technologies or develop new techniques
- Holds him/herself accountable for delivering high quality reagents, while adhering to full compliance within regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects concurrently, while adhering to agreed timelines.
- Function well in a team and possess a good balance of creative and analytical skills
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- B.S, M.S with 0-3 years of relevant experience in analytical sciences, life sciences or related field.
- Highly motivated team player with a proactive attitude, excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to interact effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Attention to detail with excellent communication and documentation skills
- Working understanding of biochemical techniques including FPLC AKTA, SPR/Octet
- Familiarity with analytical platforms such as ELISA, ECLIA and mass spectrometry to perform the necessary required characterizations
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Multiple years of experience in protein purification, FPLC, AKTA and LC/MS,
- SPR/Octet in a regulated environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.