Exciting minds with our Future Leaders Graduate Program – Mechanical Engineering
Education required: BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, Environmental Engineering. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2020. Cumulative GPA 3.0 or higher.
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in your native language and English
Start date: September 2020
Assessment Center date (anticipated): December 2019
- Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
- Location mobility and willingness to relocate domestically and potentially internationally
*You can apply to only one Future Leader Program in the U.S.
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Mechanical Engineering
Are you a capable engineering graduate with the skills to develop robust, leading-edge manufacturing technologies? If so, you could help create the systems we need to make treatments that save lives.
Our talented teams include Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical, Biopharmaceutical, Automation & Robotics Technology Engineers. They ensure we have the latest technology and processes to deliver billions of packs of medicines and healthcare products to customers every year.
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Over three years, our Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three stretching rotations in business-critical roles within consumer healthcare supply. Your responsibilities will depend on your engineering discipline, but whatever your specialist area, you’ll get to meet senior leaders and network with other graduates. You’ll also improve your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership expertise. It all adds up to a role that’s designed to transform talented engineers into key, senior figures.
What will you do?
- Project manage new equipment from design, factory acceptance testing, installation and validation
- Increase manufacturing efficiencies through Improved safety systems, equipment performance and reliability
- Provide day-to-day support for risk assessments, equipment issues and breakdowns
- Energy management, sustainability
- Manage multi-skilled engineering teams
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge technologies in precision engineering
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our Future Leaders Program, you’ll have the skills to become a leader of the future, making sure that we make the right products and deliver them to the right place. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Developing your skills in an industry that’s making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
- Taking part in projects and prioritizing tasks
- Analyzing information and reporting your findings
- Building an understanding of the state-of-the-art technologies we use
- A relevant engineering degree and strong technical skills
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate
- The ability to adapt to change and stay focused under pressure
- To be analytical and process driven
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
Our Future Leaders Program is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
Get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch the video in the banner at the top of this page and you’ll find tips on our website https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apply-now-for-our-future-leaders-graduate-programme/
You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.