Posted Date: Aug 30 2019
Office Location: GSK Asia House
Preferred Period of Internship Required: December 2019 – June 2020
Preferred School/Course of Intern: Preferably Supply Chain Students in Year 2 or Year 3.
We are looking for 2 interns to assist the Supply Chain Lead in driving more efficiency in SC systems, data management and information flow to build a robust governance and ultimately help in timely decision making.
You will need to:
- Have understanding of different issues, challenges, risks pertaining not only to supply chain but also cross functions such as Quality, Regulatory, Logistics, Procurement etc and developing correlation between those and evaluate impact to business.
- Ideate, Create, Develop and Implement a seamless tracking sheet which captures all such issues with clear dates, ownership, risk status and RAG. This will be the ‘single source of Truth’ which can be used by all functions to prioritize and drive actions.
- Implement a excel based data management system which can be accessed by all cross functions.
- Facilitate ‘Control Tower’ discussions in key leadership forums and alert if any issues. Which can help senior leadership to make right decisions.
- Benchmark externally & internally to understand Supply Chain systems which can be reapplied in GSK. There are several best practices to choose from, but need to prioritize and deliver.
GSK IDEAL FIT:
We are looking for someone:
- Supply Chain education background preferred. Completed Yr 2 or Yr 3.
- Very good proficiency in IT systems, data management and flair for system development.
- Strong Leadership and being proactive.
- Not shy of reaching out internally and externally.
- Passion for making improvements and leaving strong legacy.
- Comfortable with unfamiliar zones and great learning ability.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We strive to make our recruitment process free of bias of any kind and aim to create an inclusive workplace at GSK. If you require any assistance, either to attend an interview or during the course of the recruitment process, please let us know.
Our goal is to be one of the world’s most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.