Posted Date: Aug 26 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to maintain the accuracy of vendor data into GSK’s systems? If so, this is the role for you.
As Production Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, calibrating and modifying electrical and mechanical systems and equipment and document work on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment involved in the manufacture and packaging of pharmaceutical products.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Maintain and modify electrical and mechanical systems within a GMP production environment.
- Perform complex mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of automated packaging, manufacturing and material handling equipment within a GMP working environment. .
- Maintain PC applications for control systems (i.e.: Baldrick, POMS, RS View, RS Batch), PLC programming for material handling systems, production equipment and packaging equipment.
- Perform complex troubleshooting and repair of process measuring devices involved in ensuring weight, temperature, humidity, speed, volume, count, length, pH, and other factors. Execute calibration procedures to ensure accuracy and reliability of GMP production equipment.
- Observe and test machinery and equipment. Analyze information obtained from operators to diagnose malfunctions and equipment problems. Troubleshoot and perform limited programming on electronic control systems.
- Disassemble equipment to remove parts and make repairs. Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear. Repair and replace broken and malfunctioning components.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs. Functional check newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs. Record repairs and maintenance performed. Record parts and materials used, and order new parts and materials as necessary.
- Research, write and revise technical documentation pertaining to production equipment. Provide technical assistance for investigations when equipment or system failure occurs, such as completing Root Cause Analysis.
- Coordinate projects and repairs with engineering and other in-house support groups. Complete process improvement projects to increase equipment efficiency, availability and reliability. Oversee technical repairs performed by outside contractors on process equipment. Contact equipment manufacturers and vendors for information.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Associate degree in either Electromechanical Technology or Electronic Engineering Technology
1-3 years in industrial setting; 3 years in Pharmaceutical GMP environment
- Basic knowledge of electrical system installation, operational techniques and safety compliance, instrumentation and controls, and building automation systems required. Advanced knowledge preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting and applying specifications, blueprints, engineering drawings, and work instructions to perform installation, repair and modification work.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and internet).
- Knowledge on Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS). SAP proficiency is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety compliance.
- Good oral and written communication and problem-solving skill
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Electrical license plus 5 years relevant work experience as an electrical and mechanical technician strongly preferred.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.