Posted Date: Jul 10 2019
Are you interested in expanding your technical leadership expertise in a highly challenging state-of-the-art engineering environment? If so, this Automation Engineer role could be an excellent opportunity for you to explore.
As an Automation Engineer, you will manage and execute projects related to industrial machine automation for both new and existing equipment.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. The role responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the design and installation of instrumentation and control systems in some of the following areas: building automation systems, data systems, process control, DCS and utility PLC’s which are harmonized with GSK-standards.
- Develop and optimize operation and maintenance procedures for instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage change control process for automation/Process Control Equipment.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with instrumentation and control systems.
- Provide technical support for existing instrumentation and automation systems. Analyze repairs and maintenance requirements in order to proactively address system weaknesses.
- In cooperation with the Validation Engineers, develop validation documentation and implement validation plans, instrumentation and control systems.
- Manage projects less than $1MM; supporting the design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of process control instrumentation including PLC and DCS systems required.
- Manage vendors and consultants to ensure that contracts contain appropriate technical specifications are delivered as required.
- Stay current on developments in the field of instrumentation and control technology and GSK-Standards.
- Interface with users, peers, and management to ensure appropriate input and integration of local and corporate standards.
- Provide technical expertise during regulatory audits.
- Author, review, revise, or approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) as required.
- Responsible for supporting on time Compliance records of Automation Department.
- Participate in site Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Participate on cross-functional teams, who address specific problems, facilitate discussion and research, enabling procedures to become more efficient, and to build and enhance interdepartmental relationships.
- Provide technical support for utility systems including but not limited to: purified water systems, compressed air systems, chilled water systems and steam systems.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations, standard operating procedures, and industry practice.
- Work during off-shift times (evenings and weekends) may be required on an occasional basis, for completing project work when necessary.
- Work on any assignment as directed.
- Adhere to all GSK safety guidelines and procedures
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS in Engineering
1-3 years industrial controls related experience required.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Preferred 3 years in Pharmaceutical industry.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.