Posted Date: Jan 30 2020
Are you looking to expand your expertise in project management and drive change in an environment that allows you to design novel approaches and solutions? If so, this Project Data Manager role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As a Project Data Manager, you will be responsible for improving integrated drug development asset planning by rigorous project plan management within the planning systems across the R&D enterprise. You will provide planning support to the accountable PM. With support at times from (grade 5 or 6) the Project Data Manager will deliver high quality development schedules / plans based on analytical data, benchmarks and information from the Drug Development Team. This position must become a trusted partner to, interacts early and closely with the accountable Project Manager and the associated Functional Lines to build & maintain high quality drug development schedules / plans in the system.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- With input from Line Manager and assigned Project Manager, this role delivers high quality less complex drug development plans based on analytical benchmark data, specifically the role initializes and maintains an accurate integrated plan schedule, works with the drug development team and functional lines to create plans with the appropriate work packages (i.e., reflecting the work required)
- This position must understand the importance of accurate data, how to use it through acquired technical skills, and how to interpret data to draw conclusions (with support from (grade 5 or 6 roles) as needed) so that others can make decisions and problem solve.
- Responsible for developing the schedules for activities and deliverables for traditional R&D drug development Projects (all phases: from pre-CS through Phase IV with a primary focus on a few phases only) to an appropriate level of detail that enables the evolving business needs
- Expected to recommend changes as opportunities present themselves to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects to stakeholders
- With direction of their Line Manager, maintains the system data quality by assuring schedule compliance to established business rules, standards and ways of working along with the accountable Project Manager
- Responsible for selecting the appropriate Work Packages within the planning system.
- With support (from grade 5 or 6 roles) as needed, build the associated schedules to drive Total Project Cost (TPC) forecast estimates; forecast cost (EPE) and resource (FTE/IPE) associated with integrated plans.
- Partner with key stakeholders including functional Project Managers, etc. to ensure plan schedule alignment to intended strategy.
- Can contribute to scenario planning through developing alternative planning schedules for development team and portfolio decision making.
- At request of accountable PM, develop scenarios & recommends alternatives to current plan (with support from grade 5 or 6 as needed)
- Build status reports across key project control performance areas: scope and schedule with Reporting Team.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Associate Degree in Basic Sciences, Clinical, Business operations, Finance, Computer Science
- Understanding of pharmaceutical business, drug development and project management
- Stakeholder accountability (e.g., functional line team members, project managers)
- Demonstrated experience in range of role essential skills (e.g., data analysis, problem resolution, enterprise wide project management tools)
- Ability to present data and visualizations in effective ways to audiences at varied levels within an organization
- Natural curiosity and the ability to explore new ideas and interrogate data
- Comfortable with ambiguity, the ability to develop solutions with minimal support
- Planisware (scheduling software), Excel & Spotfire
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Basic Sciences, Clinical, Business operations, Finance, Computer Science
- Pharmaceutical drug/vaccine development experience, Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
- Headcount resource and financial forecasting experience
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change. Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.